Thursday, February 16, 2012

she's back......

Hello again...it's been awhile since my last post which I regret 'cause this is supposed to be my "journal" and I kinda dropped the ball! I made it through my first rainy season here - well sort of...I went to Texas and Oklahoma for a couple of weeks in October to see "mi familia.". When I returned to Costa Rica there was plenty of the rainy season left...this year it lasted a little longer than usual! Looking back on that now, I kinda miss the rain every day - we're in the dry season now and is it hot! Muy caliente! It is warm and sunny every day and a little cool in the evenings...pretty much perfect!

In November (around Thanksgiving), Tommy's 2 sisters and their husbands came to spend some time with us. I got a new car at the first of November (a Terios) and it's a great little car. While we had "company" I drove everywhere and really became much more comfortable with driving here.

On Christmas Eve we left C.R. And traveled to Vietnam for about 6 weeks! A couple of T's friends (P.D. And Rick) traveled with us for the first 2 weeks and then had to return to the States. We landed in Hanoi and toured the whole country. It was an incredible trip! The
people are wonderful. The country has a long way to go as far as education, healthcare, environmental resources, etc., but they seem to be a strong people who have overcome so much! I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to see this wonderful country. BTW, if you read my previous posts... When I came back from Vietnam, my garden was gone (thank God!)plowed up and planted over by "real" farmers! Gardening is not gonna be my strong point here on the farm...I'm still trying to find my niche! So far, I just keep going back to what Tommy told me when I moved here, "you can be on vacation for the rest of your life!". I like that!!

So, I'm happy to report that I'm still very much in love with Tommy and my new life here in C.R. I miss mi familia still very much but planning a trip to see them in May - can't wait!

Some day soon I'll learn to post pictures...stay tuned

No comments: